Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCFireSauce
Level 7

TCL Roku TV Not Connecting to Home WiFi ONLY

Had Roku TCL R635 TV for a little over a week now, and mostly no issues with connecting to home WiFi. However, today, after update to 9.4 build 4187-88 at 12:32am, I am no longer able to connect to my home WiFi network. [EDIT: I was able to connect and stream this morning for about an hour, but after turning TV back on around 5:00pm, no] Dedicated hot spot? Connects fine. iPhone Hotspot? Connects fine. But can't even pass the first "Wireless connection" test. Greeted with "Unable to connect to wireless network" error 014.50.

Attempted router reset, TV reset, Network connection reset, and FACTORY reset and no luck. Does anybody have a solution for me that I haven't yet tried???

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MCFireSauce
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV Not Connecting to Home WiFi ONLY

EDIT to above...

***But can't even pass the first "Wireless connection test ON HOME NETWORK.

0 Kudos
MCFireSauce
Level 7

EDIT #2 to above...

*** also have received error 014.40 at times as well

0 Kudos
mlongcr
Level 7

I am having a similar issue. Roku worked fine this morning, tried to use it this afternoon and it cant see my home networks. All my other wireless devices are fine.

If I turn on the hotspot on my phone, roku can see it and connect but no networks on my router show up in the scan.

I tried soft reset, unplugged the roku, network settings reset. Also tried a factory reset on the roku, still can't see routers wifi. I'm scared to turn on my other roku device.

The roku is a few inches from the router so I doubt it is a signal problem.

Im on version 9.4.0 Build 4190

0 Kudos
Stormy2001
Level 7

Roku not working on our TCL Roku TV after 9.4 update about one week ago either.

0 Kudos
RobSGimli
Level 7

I have the same problem with TCL ROKU Television not seeing my Home WiFI only.  Can see my neighbours network SSID's and can connect using my Iphone hotspot.  Was on the phone with my ISP provider and TCL for 3 hours going over all scenario's involving router blocking issues (MAC address being rejected) to Factory resets with TCL.  Very strange????

0 Kudos