Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming Stick On Power Up Internet Not Connected

Jump to solution

Steaming Stick Not Connect On Power Up Takes 15 to 20 Seconds to connect to internet? Is this normal??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Streaming Stick On Power Up Internet Not Connected

Jump to solution

I have two Streaming Stick + on two different TV's and yes it takes that long. 

On my home page it says it is not connected then I get the clock then the screen  jumps a little.  That is when I notice it is connected.  I have power coming from the TV so it does this every time I turn the TV on.

If I connected the power to the cube to an outlet, the ROKU would be on all the time and wouldn't do that.

Maybe that could be an option for you if you are unwilling to wait to connect every time the TV is turned on.

Bill

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I have two Streaming Stick + on two different TV's and yes it takes that long. 

On my home page it says it is not connected then I get the clock then the screen  jumps a little.  That is when I notice it is connected.  I have power coming from the TV so it does this every time I turn the TV on.

If I connected the power to the cube to an outlet, the ROKU would be on all the time and wouldn't do that.

Maybe that could be an option for you if you are unwilling to wait to connect every time the TV is turned on.

Bill

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Bill,

I thought it was defective because my other nonstick Roku Devices do not do that and are all powered by tv usb power. You save me from buying another stick. A/C Power Does The Trick! Thanks Much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Just remember that since it is now on all the time, unless at the home page, it will continue to download streaming video on the last channel watched.  If you have a limit on data on your internet connection, it will eat it up doing this.

That's why I use the power from the tv.  No power to the TV, no power to the Roku, no data usage from my internet connection.

Bill

0 Kudos