Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claymunson90
Level 7

Roku direct WiFi on my phone? I never entered a password for it and it’s asking me for one. Help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku direct WiFi on my phone? I never entered a password for it and it’s asking me for one. Hel

You can't connect to that.  Why are you trying?  It's for the Roku Wi-Fi remote and nothing else.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
2smart
Level 7

Re: Roku direct WiFi on my phone? I never entered a password for it and it’s asking me for one. Hel

Perhaps a little more info for you would be helpful. The Roku Wifi Direct network you are seeing in the list of networks is just a connection directly between the Roku remote and Roku device - "peer-to-peer" or more - it does not go through your Wifi network. It is just for that use. You don't say why you were trying to get into the network. Perhaps you were trying to access your home Wifi network. That is completely different. If you created a Roku account, then you have a Roku password. Frankly, I do not know if  that password would work here - I do not know why you would be logging into that network since setting up the remote is done through the menu on the TV. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos