Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watchme
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ disconnects from router after successful connection

I connect to a ASUS RT-AC68U on 2.4 GHz. I entered the Roku MAC address (10:59:32Smiley Very Happy5:04:20) into the list of devices. When I enter the password and try to connect, I get a can't connect message. The MAC address is in the list of approved devices. When I go to the system logs it shows the following:

Jan 18 14:45:16 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(492): eth1: Auth 10:59:32Smiley Very Happy5:04:20, status: Successful (0)
Jan 18 14:45:16 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(521): eth1: Assoc 10:59:32Smiley Very Happy5:04:20, status: Successful (0)
Jan 18 14:45:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth1: Deauth_ind 10:59:32Smiley Very Happy5:04:20, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

the router recognizes the Roku signal and processes it. It appears the Roku disconnects for some reason. I get this every time I attempt to connect.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Kasey001
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ disconnects from router after successful connection

This is happening to me right now. My internet company said it can't find my 5g bc https://testmyspeed.onl/ it's connected to my slower 2g and to fix it I have to figure out a way to forget the 2g network which they couldn't help me with bc there are a ton of TV brands and she didn't know exactly how to do it.

0 Kudos
watchme
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ disconnects from router after successful connection

Problem solved! Switched to 5Ghz channel and added device to MAC list, removed device from MAC list on 2.4Ghz. Then entered the WPA encryption password. Good to go! Finally!! What an onerous process.

0 Kudos