Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ganthet
Level 7

Roku Express Wireless connection issue

I got my kids Roku Express devices for Christmas. I am having issues with keeping them connected to my wireless. Every time the device restarts it will not reconnect to the wireless network. I have tried to reset the network settings and re-enter the information, but it will not reconnect. The only thing that has worked has been a factory reset, which requires a lot of re-setup. The device will then connect with no issue. This has happened on both devices.

The wi-fi in both rooms is strong and other devices in the room have no connectivity issues.
Device info:
3700x
8.0.0 build 4128-28

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Express Wireless connection issue

What type.of network? Brand of router, speed of internet, etc.. have you tried rebooting your network equipment?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Ganthet
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Wireless connection issue

I'm using a Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE Access Point. I did try to reboot the AP with no success. It's odd. The Roku will connect to another wireless network, but will not go back to the original network. However, once I do a factory reset it connects immediately. 
0 Kudos