Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapaskae
Level 7

Roku 5ghz

Morning, i have been battling this problem all night and have come up on the loosing side. I cannot for the life of me get my brand new roku premiere to even realize that i have a 5ghz band. It will happily connect to 2.4ghz but that band is super clogged up here and reports speeds of 0.5mbps,  on the other hand 5ghz is reporting 250mbps. No matter what settings i have changed when i click scan for networks on my roku 5ghz doesnt show up. I have gone through every channel available, with the same outcome each time. I have gone through every mode (eg: AC, N A) and every security mode (eg: WPA2) with no luck. Tried inputting the SSID manually. Adding the rokus MAC manually. I have even factory restored my router so to rule out a finicky setting option. I even got my ISP involved to help me work it out and they drew a blank as well. Can anyone help me? Maybe im missing some random option hidden down in my router. 

Info:
Router: Arris DG3450A.
Roku premiere.

Extra info: I have restarted my router multiple times, as well as the roku. 
Every other device i have recognizes the 5ghz wifi.

I have googled and read every thread related to roku and 5ghz problems and tried every fix action recommended with no luck.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku 5ghz

"kapaskae" wrote:
Morning, i have been battling this problem all night and have come up on the loosing side. I cannot for the life of me get my brand new roku premiere to even realize that i have a 5ghz band. It will happily connect to 2.4ghz but that band is super clogged up here and reports speeds of 0.5mbps,  on the other hand 5ghz is reporting 250mbps. No matter what settings i have changed when i click scan for networks on my roku 5ghz doesnt show up. I have gone through every channel available, with the same outcome each time. I have gone through every mode (eg: AC, N A) and every security mode (eg: WPA2) with no luck. Tried inputting the SSID manually. Adding the rokus MAC manually. I have even factory restored my router so to rule out a finicky setting option. I even got my ISP involved to help me work it out and they drew a blank as well. Can anyone help me? Maybe im missing some random option hidden down in my router. 

Info:
Router: Arris DG3450A.
Roku premiere.

Extra info: I have restarted my router multiple times, as well as the roku. 

Every other device i have recognizes the 5ghz wifi.

I have googled and read every thread related to roku and 5ghz problems and tried every fix action recommended with no luck.

Thank you for your help.

The new Premiere line, like the similar form Express line, only supports 2.4 GHz.

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-premiere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Feature_comparison
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos