Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rshislerjr
Level 7

Re: Can't connect to Roku

Solved the problem with connection problems tonight thanks to Roku tech support.

I needed to change dns servers in my modem/router... here is the text of it...

The following are the DNS numbers that have to be entered on the router/modem. 208.67.222.222 as Primary and
208.67.220.220 as secondary.

No sooner entered the new dns and restarted the modem, and Roku instantly came to life.

Hope this can help someone else as it did me.
0 Kudos
westinsdad
Level 7

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to post this, it solved my problem instantly, and I could not find the solution anywhere else.
0 Kudos
rshislerjr
Level 7

I'm very glad to help, I will always post a reply with a solution when I come upon one, I know I am NEVER the only one struggling to solve it. Having said that, I'm so thrilled with ROKU, that I've added one via wireless in my master bedroom and when finances are little less tight, I intend to add one in the guest bedroom. Everyone I've shown this too is blown away by it. I am a very happy ROKU customer and would recommend this highly. Glad you are up and working West!
0 Kudos
jagreenough
Level 7

Spam post above???
0 Kudos