Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloyd3
Level 8

ROKU Devices Capable of Using 5ghz WIFI

Jump to solution

I need to know which current ROKU devices (Year 2020) are capable of using 5ghz wifi.

I know some of the older models (Roku Premiere 4620, 4630 and Premiere Plus) were capable of using 5ghz wifi but these are no longer available on the retail market except for used/renewed models.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: ROKU Devices Capable of Using 5ghz WIFI

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Roku Streaming Stick models, the Roku Smart Soundbar and the Roku Ultra are compatible with both 2.4 and 5GHz wireless networks. You can see these at www.roku.com/products 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

42 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Roku Streaming Stick models, the Roku Smart Soundbar and the Roku Ultra are compatible with both 2.4 and 5GHz wireless networks. You can see these at www.roku.com/products 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Lloyd3
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Tanner. This list seems limited. You would think Roku would make more models capable of utilizing both 2 and 5 ghz.

Wolarry006
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have 5g wireless my roku won't fine it can get it to work with update fix

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

Roku produces several different models.  Some are dual band, supporting both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz bands.  Some are 2.4 ghz only.  What model Roku do you have?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Lloyd3
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had purchased the ROKU Express. After installing it and using the 2.2 ghz connection, I experienced repeated latency issues...e.g. screen would freeze or go blank. I have since purchased a ROKU Streaming Stick + that allows you to use both 2.2 and 5 ghz.  Using the 5ghz seems to have fixed the problem!

0 Kudos
Wolarry006
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was hopeing that roku  would do update to fix. The 5g wifi to all roku devices

0 Kudos
vanowm
Level 7

Jump to solution

My model is 3810X-BDL1 and my router shows that Roku connected to 2.4ghz (my router has "Smart connect" that combines both 2.4 and 5ghz into one SSID and automatically connect devices to appropriate frequency)

However if I disable 2.4ghz in router, Roku connects to 5ghz just fine.

0 Kudos
Panther826
Level 7

Jump to solution

What about the Roku Express?  Does it not support 5ghz?   If it does than what am I doing wrong? Do I need to unhide my private network?   Or is thus device only 2.4ghz?   Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Express models are 2.4GHz only.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos