Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidryderuk
Level 8

Re: Please fix this No Internet issue!!

I bought a Roku Premiere device towards the end of February. The network connection worked perfectly until I updated to Roku OS 9.4. The device is powered through the USB port on my TV, so it starts when I turn on the TV. It has trouble connecting to the network after starting up. Sometimes I need to connect through the settings menu, and sometimes the device needs to be restarted. Once connected, the network seems stable, until the Roku is turned off. My ISP is TalkTalk (UK-based). My router is a Huawei HG633, which is probably not that common in the US, but is quite new, relatively fast, and is located right next to the TV. I have measured speeds of just over 500 Mbits/s on the 5 GHz network, and 100 Mbits/s on the 2.4 GHz network, both over the local network, with my internet connection being a bit slower, at around 60 Mbits/s. I tried a 'Network connection reset', but it made very little difference. The most common error seems to be '14.30', whatever that means. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

It's not recommended to use a TV's USB port for power.  You'll be much better off using the supplied power adapter and leaving it on all the time so it doesn't have to continually reconnect.  There's been multiple Premiere units (it's always best to give the model number, not the name).  Some are dual-band and some aren't.  If you're using 2.4GHz make sure you're using a channel from 1 to 11.  12 and 13 aren't supported.

0 Kudos
fujo1975
Level 8

Nothing Roku could do would break a modem. It initiates a connection to your router, NOTHING more. It doesn't have any stored information besides the name and password of your network. Yes they could send an update which potentially could create a conflict but we've already ascertained that devices that are manually update by PC were equally affected. Clearly, it doesn't matter what I say so I concede.

*Bows*

It's Roku's fault, they need to fix your network. 

davidryderuk
Level 8

Thanks renojim. It is a Roku Premier 3920EU, so restricted to 2.4 GHz networks. I am currently using channel 1. I have done some very brief tests, and it does seem more stable with the official power adaptor, so I guess the USB port on my TV didn't provide enough power. 

0 Kudos
angrfly
Level 8

This problem is not just a spectrum issue I also have it with the newest Comcast modem gigabyte speed.

smallmouth23
Level 7

I also have 8 Roku express in my house.  2 in my basement have recently began cutting in and out. They will blink and come back one at different times.  I have completed every single reset/unplug/reboot/repower known to man with no solution.  I am using the xfinity app and xfinity modem.  Have been on the phone with xfinity 2 times and internet service is functioning properly.  I have even switched Roku units around again with no avail.......they were working fine until about 5 weeks ago.  Everything else works(Netflix/prime video) with not interruptions..... HELP PLEASE.  

0 Kudos
jnaps
Level 7

Same exact issue with xfinity internet and 3 rokus in my house.  2 have been working flawlessly for years.  The new streaming stick has had some remote issues but was always able to connect to stream fine if I used the app as a remote.  Now all 3 are dropping off intermittently.

I have a new modem ordered now from xfinity, really hope this fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
clsh555
Level 7

I use spectrum and as of this past weekend have been unable to use my roku because it refuses to connect to the internet. Incredibly frustrated that roku has no solution. I guess it's time to switch to firestick or some other company which actually offers customer support...

0 Kudos
Lmrust
Level 7

I am having the same issue with my 2 week old streaming stick +. The network connection drops multiple times per day and requires a restart. Sometimes even after restarting it will still say “not connected”. It is not the Verizon Fios Wi-Fi in the house. Download and upload speeds are fast and stable. No other devices lose connection. It’s unacceptable that I cannot call someone to correct this issue. 

0 Kudos
Sandy4438
Level 7

@SomeHuman wrote:

Come on Roku! Many people including myself are having issues with the No Internet problem.

If this is your problem, acknowledge it and work on it! If it is a Spectrum issue, work with them to resolve it! It may indeed be a spectrum issue, but you guys are going to take the hit for it. Simply telling folks to check the networking FAQ is not giving support for this issue.

I have a lot of money tied up in Roku devices and TV's. I don't want to move to a competitor, but we need some feedback as to what is going on. 

Once a loyal customer, not so much now....

0 Kudos