Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcoop0001
Level 7

My mobile hotspot SSI will not even show up on my Roku Express

Hi, i just recently bought the Roku Express + HD however currently i do not have a WIFI network but i do have unlimited data and 15 gigs of mobile hotspot. Unfortunately, when i turned the roku on, my network name of my Mobile hotspot is not even showing on available networks but my dads will and we have the same $50 plan except i have MetroPCS and he has StraightTalk. My hotspot works fine, i use it on my laptop to do school work. And i called my phone service and they walked me through resetting my network and resetting the roku network, restarting my phone and changing my network settings and in the end they said it was my roku and i can not get in touch with roku support and its just flustrating that i paid all this money and i can not even use it Smiley Sad..

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My mobile hotspot SSI will not even show up on my Roku Express

I know little about mobile hotspots, but you should know that the Express boxes are 2.4GHz only, so if your phone is setting up a 5GHz hotspot the Express won't see it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos