Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krw1129
Level 7

I've tried everything.

I've restarted my router 2 times. The device a ton I've factory reset it a dozen times but it won't connect to the network or even bring it up on the list sometimes. My phone can connect to the network but the device won't. This was given to me as a birthday gift and I don't want it to be already broken.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
MP0823
Level 9

Re: I've tried everything.

Welcome to the issue the rest of us are facing 😔 the version 9.4 update has caused this same issue for many of us here. I have contacted Roku support several times and they are no help. They tell me it's the internet, but I have had the internet checked and everything else connects fine. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you. Most people have suggested switching to another streaming service. Roku sucks now 

rocbarbarosa
Level 7

@Krw1129 wrote:

I've restarted my router 2 times. The device a ton I've factory reset it a dozen times but it won't connect to the network or even bring it up on the list sometimes. My phone can connect to the network but the device won't.

Your description of the problem is too vague for people to give you much help. Please be more specific about the issue. e.g. When you say, "...or even bring it up on the list sometimes...." do you mean that when you scan for the SSID of your wireless network that sometimes you don't see it but other times you do? What exactly do you see when you scan for networks while trying to set up the wireless connection? How far away from the router is the roku device? Does the wireless signal have to go through a lot of walls and or glass?

What type of roku device is this? What brand & model of router do you have and is it running the original stock firmware or has that been replaced w/third party firmware like openwrt / ddwrt?  What are the basic wireless settings on the router e.g. protocol, channel, etc? Do an internet search if you need to to find out how t login to your router to get the information.

I can't promise that someone will solve the issue if you provide all this info, but it is a certainty that no one will be able to really help you without at least a fair amount of it.

Roc

0 Kudos
sercasuarez
Level 7

I have same issue with a new Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player. I also got another Roku (same model) connected to the internet that is not being picked up by the new device. 

0 Kudos
rwald-raleigh
Level 7

I've also attempted multiple actions based on input from others in the community but I still cannot connect my two Roku devices to the Internet (either wired or wireless) - I did nothing and this past weekend after the latest update both devices stopped working.  There is nothing wrong with both my wired and wireless networks.  After being a long time Roku fan, I've simply broken down and purchased an Amazon Fire stick and it works just fine.  I will continue to monitor the community to see this is fixed but I am not holding my breath waiting for Roku to fix this...

0 Kudos
Pfriggy123
Level 7

I'm in the same boat.  I've tried the usual reboots, youtube, a Facebook group and followed all the advice, and still I'm not connected.   It is NOT my internet, all other devices ie tablet, laptop, and phone are connecting fine, and speed test shows internet speeds are fine.  I love the Roku but I'm giving up and going to get a firestick.  😔

0 Kudos