Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nsweeney11
Level 7

Help

My roku express will not connect to the internet.
Here’s what I’ve tried

- multiple resets of internet modem
- factory reset on roku
- paperclip reset on roku
- tested to make sure all other devices work on internet WiFi and they all work fine. Even ran a speed test
- attempted to connect roku to my phones hot spot and it did not work either

Please help. I just bought the darn thing two months ago. I do not have the money to replace it right now either.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. Is the wireless network you are trying to connect to broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network? The Roku Express is compatible with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi b/g/n networks. If your wireless router is not broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network, your device will not be able to connect to it. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer should be able to assist you in checking the configuration and making any necessary adjustments. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Nsweeney11
Level 7

I’m assuming so as it worked fine for the last two months lol and then all of a sudden won’t work
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network to see if this resolves the issue? 

If that still isn't helping clear things up, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll help take a closer look to see what other suggestions we can provide. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Nsweeney11
Level 7

No idea how to do that and Verizon was
Not helpful. Sent you the info via PM
0 Kudos