Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich592joh
Level 7

Express+ not connecting to 802.11N 2.4G

Express+ does not connect to my router, password is correct, lots of devices working on the router but Roku Express+ fails to connect. I am using Composite cable because the TV only has Composite cables. I have to return 3 Express+ back to Walmart for a refund today. Could not find work around to fix the problem.

Router is Linksys wrt3200, running Linksys firmware, never connect to Express+, then installed to Open WRT firmware, never connects to Express+. The Streaming Stick connects to the Router though, I have it on a TV plugged into HDMI port.

Rich J

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Express+ not connecting to 802.11N 2.4G

Does your wireless password include special characters, something besides the standard letters or numbers? If so, that might be the issue. Roku has problems with special characters.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rich592joh
Level 7

Re: Express+ not connecting to 802.11N 2.4G

No special characters. 3 number and 10 letter. It begins with a number... 

Wow, off topic, the forum's "notify me when post" is default unchecked. Now I have to check it... how does anyone know to respond to feedback
0 Kudos