Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragon41
Level 8

Re: Direct Roku not Visible

They should, i also emailed  them the problem so they notice the problem😒. 

You should too to get this fixed fast!

Tk4
Level 7

I am having exact same issue l can’t connect my schools internet because l can’t find the roku direct to connect to on my other device 

0 Kudos
Idollaz
Level 8

Email them! I’ve just  sent in my email stating this issue hopefully they’ll fix it soon

0 Kudos
lebron2020
Level 7

I'm having the same exact problem with my tv. Works fine using my hotspot, but will no longer work by connecting to a hotel/dorm connection, as well as the tab is different possible corrupted file dealing with direct-Roku connection when connecting to a dorm/hotel connection. I've even did a factory reset and still the same results. Please fix this issue soon Roku developers 

0 Kudos
kip21
Level 7

Hi all,

I reached out to customer support and after some back-and-forth, the solution below seems to have worked for me. Thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else!

1. Disable Miracast: Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring -> Screen Mirroring Mode -> Never Allow
  2. Setup network connection: Settings -> Network -> Setup connection -> Wireless -> {​​​​​​​​select the AP}​​​​​​​​
  3. Once Captive Portal is detected, select "At dorm or hotel" in the pop-up.
  4. Another dialog will popup informing you that Device Connect is disabled and will take you to the Device Connect dialog. Select Enable.
  5. Set up a network connection again (#2 above) and follow the normal captive portal routine to connect to the network.
  6. Re-enable Miracast: Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring -> Screen Mirroring Mode -> Prompt or Always Allow
Gatlinburg_T
Level 7

Perfect!  

My tv recently updated itself and I haven't been able to connect since, just like everybody else.  Your solution fixed it!

0 Kudos
Idollaz
Level 8

Yay that worked! Is this a temporary fix or a permanent fix? 

0 Kudos
ciannap
Level 7

@kip21 OMG you legit saved my sanity! I don't know if this is a consistent fix yet, but it actually worked! I was trying all sorts of crazy stuff from screen mirroring to changing my MAC in a terminal (which was seriously complicated). I even started looking at/considering WiFi hotspots. I had updated and factory reset it semi-recently. That's around I noticed it stop working. I thought I had broke it somehow.

0 Kudos
Gatlinburg_T
Level 7

Bummer, after 24 hours it doesn’t work again. 

0 Kudos
Tasper25
Level 7

Thanks i tried that and it seemed to work. The 'directv-roku..' popped up. And it seems like the internet is working. So hopefully u wont hear from me again!

0 Kudos