Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidperez
Level 7

Changing Express/Express+ resolutionto conserve data

I'm completely baffled about what I have to do to get into here correctly, so this may already be out there somewhere.  Anyhow, I'll put this in here since I have no idea where it SHOULD go......

Roku Express/Express+ (have both).

I'm going to be using the Roku in a data-limited situation. And on a 32inch TV. I want everything through the Roku to go at 480p unless I specifically change it to 720. So, Youtube TV, Netflix, anything Roku at 480 by default.

TV is a basic AOC model and I haven't found any way to set the TV to limit itself to 480.
HOW do I set the ROKU to run at 480? In the Display menu I have 2 options 720 and 1080. Since even at 720 its going to chew through about 2.5GB/hour I'd like to reduce the resolution and have the option of increasing it as needed.

How?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
1zodiac
Level 10

Re: Changing Express/Express+ resolutionto conserve data

it has to be changed per channel.

some can be changed in roku,while some like netflix has to be changed on the website.

0 Kudos
davidperez
Level 7

Re: Changing Express/Express+ resolutionto conserve data

I figured out how to set the Roku and Netflix.  Bummer on YTTV.  I'll chalk it up to another oddity in the YTTV user interface...

0 Kudos