Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boredneko
Reel Rookie

Smart Bulb SE (Color) failed firmware update and doesn't work anymore

Last night I tried to update my smart bulb firmware and it failed the update; since then it hasn't been able to turn on at all.

My second one of the same, updated no problem and works fine no matter which lamp I put it in.

Steps that I've tried to fix the problem:

1. Factory reset of turning it off and on 3 times. Does nothing still.
  2. Left it off for 12 hours.  Still nothing.
  3. Put it into a different lamp that had my other bulb that works in it but the one that failed the update doesn't do anything. Still nothing.
  4. Tried Factory Reset in new lamp. Still Nothing.
  5. Restarted my router. Still Nothing.
  6. Checked connected devices and only see one of the two bulbs I own. Still can't get it to work.
  7. Left it in the lamp on to see if it'll come back on, on it's own for four+ hours. Hasn't come on.
  8. Tried to turn it on with the smart app but it never showed as online.
  9. Removed it from my smart home app and now can't pair it because it won't come on. Doesn't show up as discoverable with the app.

Product is Roku Smart Bulb SE (Color)

Model number: BC1000

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Bulb SE (Color) failed firmware update and doesn't work anymore

Hi @Boredneko

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! We appreciate your troubleshooting steps to fix the issue with your Roku smart bulb SE. We're more than happy to help you with this. 

We'll need to escalate this to the appropriate Roku Team for review. Kindly provide the information we need:

• App version: Go to settings of the phone > manage apps > look for Roku smart home app
  • Phone model 
  • Submit a log: Go to the home of the smart home app > Account > Roku support > Submit a log. 

We look forward to your response so we can continue assisting you.

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boredneko
Reel Rookie

App Version: 2.7.2.249
Phone Model: Moto G Stylus 2023 (have also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G and a Moto G Stylus 5G (2020) all same app version)

Log as been sent with a picture of the original post to show what was done too.

Light has now been left in a lamp that is turned on since I posted the first message and nothing has changed. Also just tried a factory reset again, nothing still.

0 Kudos

Im having the same issue. I cant even get the bulb to turn on to reset/sync it. Customer support is useless. Doesnt seem like theres any fix. Either buy a new one until it messes up too or live without. Find a different company. Atp im ready to just toss any Roku device i own. Consistently just more trouble than its worth...

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RancidRabies,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about this. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot and fix your smart bulb. We'd like to include this case in our Roku team.

Kindly provide the information we need:

• App version: Go to settings of the phone > manage apps > look for Roku smart home app
  • Phone model 
  • Submit a log: Go to the home of the smart home app > Account > Roku support > Submit a log.

Please reply, and we will be able to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos