Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyl
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

As a recommendation, perhaps Roku roll back to OS 11.5 and then do some extensive beta testing on a revised OS 12.0 before release to confirm no loss of sync.

Laurascully
Channel Surfer

It's not just Xfinity live.  I had the issue watching the History channel on the Xfinity app.

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Were you watching the History Channel on the XFinity Streaming App live TV (History Channel), or the actual History Channel streaming App? 

0 Kudos
aquos
Channel Surfer

as of 6/9/23 mine is doing it more and more and have also lost channel guide and have to reset constantly.

0 Kudos
shel48
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

I'll chime in as well.  I've been experiencing the same frustrating issue watching the Xfinity stream app. I was using a Roku Ultra, but recently bought a Roku stick, thinking maybe my Ultra was going bad after trying all of the fixes recommended on line.  The Roku stick was no better... same issues.  The problem has gotten significantly worse over the last couple of months.   I truly hope that someone IS working on this problem and that it will get resolved soon. 

0 Kudos
Arundel
Channel Surfer

I switched to a competitor’s stick (fire) and no issues. There is also a ~20 sec delay on the Roku vs. fire stick. Don’t know why Roku devices have such a delay?

0 Kudos
MK200

I am giving up on this problem of audio going out of sync between Xfinity and my Roku devices.  Will getting an Amazon Fire Stick solve the problem?  I am ready to spend money to get rid of this issue since Roku can't seem to resolve it.  

0 Kudos
Arundel
Channel Surfer

Amazon product doesn’t have syncing problems. It also doesn’t have a delay. But, use your roku device for “casting” from your iphone, ipad, etc.

0 Kudos
Uncle-Keith
Reel Rookie

Switching to Firestick , this roku issue is beyond annoying.  

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Hi Roku Support, 

You must be aware of all the comments on this message forum indicating many of your users are jumping ship and ditching their Roku devices for competitor's systems. 

Don't you think that it might be in your best interest to respond to everyone with some kind of update on the progress Roku tech support has made and an expected timeline for when this will be fixed, before you loose everyone?

Please get someone within your company with the technical background and the authority to communicate to your customers providing a time line for the resolution?