Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theresakj
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

No reset to software, just a manual update.  And there was no update.  But thanks

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

Here is what fixed the problem for me on multiple Roku TVs and devices in July 2023 as I previously posted.

HOME/SETTINGS/SYSTEM/SOFTWARE UPDATE

After confirming that everything is up to date then

SETTINGS/SYSTEM/POWER/SYSTEM RESTART

This worked on multiple TCL Roku TVs, a Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere and an ONN Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Theresakj
Reel Rookie

Done all that.  Checked older onn Roku and it had Mar 2024 update.  Onn TV with issue last update Jan 2024 and no manual update will go. Both have 12.5.5. System.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

You don't mention completing the final step.  

After confirming that everything is up to date using the manual update check then

SETTINGS/SYSTEM/POWER/SYSTEM RESTART

(you may find SYSTEM RESTART in another location on your menus, Roku seems to move it around on various versions)

System Restart seems to fix lots of issues.  I recently used it to fix my niece's Roku Premiere that had abruptly stopped seeing any wi-fi networks.  I can only report on what worked in July 2023 for my skipping remote issues.  Roku seems to still be baffled by this issue that was reported nearly a year ago as you can see in their responses to 23 screens of community support.  

0 Kudos
akmyles

mine just came back finally! good luck yall. 🩶

0 Kudos
Gosh

I just bought a new roku TV it turns on but my remote that came with it will not connect even though the remote works I have no way of setting up my TV even though I've already unplugged it for more than 10 seconds 

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

You don't mention what brand Roku TV but my TCL Roku TV's have a pairing button inside the remote cover next to the batteries.  Hold the pairing button down while pointing at the TV until the green light flashes and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
gooeytarballs
Channel Surfer

I do NOT have a ROKU TV. Just a Roku Dongle.  The best Roku would do was a thirty Percent discount off a new unit. But, when we went to buy it (it was on sale for $24.95 (so $17.50) they would not allow the discount unless we paid the list price of $29.95 (so, $21.00).  These things (we had Chromecast, then then stopped supporting it) are a PITA. We are forced to deal with some corporate behemoth as slick as any shyster and harder to pin down.

So, we have yet another artifact of the 'new tech' in a drawer downstairs.

Oh, well.

0 Kudos
gooeytarballs
Channel Surfer

Take it back to the store!  Get a fresh one!

0 Kudos
gooeytarballs
Channel Surfer

"You don't mention completing the final step."

That's because it don't work long enough to get to the first step!

The thing just started acting up. The more things I tried, the more it acted up. At the end, it just kept cycling between dark screen and a flicker of ROKU screen on and on and on.

Its a rip off.  THE TV IS YEARS OLD, the ROKU died in seven months!

0 Kudos