Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Officedrone
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Thanks. A fix using reset works temporarily.  ROKU needs to send users a software update for this problem. 

BriCo

Just started having the problem with my Enhanced remote and streaming stick (skipping channels, content, search letters/numbers, etc.).  Changed the batteries and re-paired the remote to the stick, but no luck.  Then I realized it ONLY occurs on the Roku channel, no others (HBO, CNN, CW, etc.).  Contacted Roku who told me to disconnect power from the STICK (30 secs) and reconnect and the problem disappeared. 2 hours later, still OK.

DeanBagg
Reel Rookie

Bull! This just started with Three different Roku devices on three different TV's at the same time. I think Roku needs to address this at their end. Is there a something going on between Roku and Hulu? I only have this problem with Hulu app. I also noticed that the lower left app Botton on new Roku devices isn't Hulu anymore. ??????

Officedrone
Channel Surfer

Yes, its probably a software issue.  Unplug your devices and restart them.  

Qcdriver1

I restarted the Roku, and eliminated the problem.  Thank you. I wish the Hulu reps were as knowledgeable. I was on the line with them for over an hour and still didn’t get an answer!

Qcdriver1

Do a restart from System on Roku, fixed the problem 

Officedrone
Channel Surfer

You are welcome.  I am just a user that had the same problem.  

0 Kudos
Officedrone
Channel Surfer

Sounds like a software problem that Roku should fix.  Thanks for the help.  Restarting worked for me and others. 

Roku remotes both skipping multiple channels

Both of my Roku remotes skips over many channels when I am searching for a show. It makes it impossible to click on a channel. I don’t want to have to use my phone every time. I changed the batteries in one remote and it still does it and now my remote upstairs is doing the same thing. Is this a Roku issue? Surely both of my remotes can’t be bad? One is a newer remote

0 Kudos
Blonde
Reel Rookie

I pulled power to roku and plugged back into device. Now working fine. Was jumping all over with hand control.