Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Re: Channel tiles missing from Home Screen

Jump to solution

@RokuAustin OK, the issue appears fixed (as of Saturday Morning 10//7/23), on my 3820 stick that unit completed an upgrade to 12.5.0, on the 3900R remained at 12.0.0.  Other than a couple tiles out of arrangement, & the 3820 did a freeze & reboot on attempting to leave an app (this occasionally happens once in a blue moon, I consider it just a normal glitch) the units appear OK now.  

Also, the 3820 added the "Roku Live TV" Tile which never populated, nor could I find in the channel store from the 3820. 

For the record:

Roku 3820R2 @ 12.5.0 Build 4169-E6 10/6/23 @ 7:04

Roku 3900RW@ 12.0.0 Build 4186-51 6/2/23 @ 0:10

Thanks. 

@Bismarck318 wrote:

Did try this & it didn't work, occasionally toggling from home & to the left I would momentarily see the Icons, then they would disappear.  

Restarting from the menu did not fix the problem either.

Occasionally the screen gets "stuck" halfway between home & the menu on the left. 

0 Kudos
German1109

Jump to solution

I can't browse apps either on my Roku. I've restarted and everything. It's there a fix?

0 Kudos
abhay180
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No it’s not resolved for many of us yet. Pls help !!

abhay180
Channel Surfer

Re: Icons disappearing on Homescreen

Jump to solution

Hi! 
i have provided all required info and it’s 5 days since and I see mails like “if there is no update from your side , issue will be closed”? 
is this how Roku support works? 

0 Kudos
walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku??????

Issue still not fixed on missing icons. Still no update 6 days later after rokus brief message on the issue tracker Roku thinks it got resolved. The very latest update 12.5.0 build 4172-88 had no effect on the disappearing or missing app icons or missing tv guide for rokus live tv.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

If you are still seeing this issue, can you describe or post a picture of your home screen?  Specifically, we'd like to know if you see nothing at all in Home or see a 3x3 grid of empty tiles that can't be selected.  Also, can you go to other left menu items like Search, What to Watch, and Live TV and see content there?

The incident on Friday was resolved, but there could be different issues with a similar affect hitting users, and we'd like to know more.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IMG_7988.jpeg

Still facing the issue - 4670X - Roku Ultra. SW Version 12.5.0 Build 4172.

Yes, see the channels when I go to search.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No the issue has not been resolved. This needed to be fixed. It is a pain in the ass. 

0 Kudos
mannykartman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am switching back to using my samsung tvs built in apps. Can’t believe they would rollout such a buggy update.

0 Kudos
walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

RokuBen.... You get BOTH greyed out tiles and blank screen with no tiles at all. You can get both simply by moving from the left menu to the icon area to the ad area to the right then go back. Might have greyed out icons that change to a blank screen or vice versa. The app icons will sometimes flash on real quick like 1 second then grey out but you cannot scroll into that section. Scrolling right jumps you right into the ad section on the far right. App icons will sometimes reappear out of the blue and may take 30 seconds or 45 minutes or never reappear without a reboot. The ad section NEVER greys out, it's always there. Imagine that. So whatever roku does to make money on the ad is not affected.

Now, i have 2 identical TVs with the same software version and build number and 1 updated yesterday and has switched over to a 4 grid wide of icons (which are now visible again) and the continue watching links above the app icons while the other tv updated tonight has the older 3 grid of app icons (not visible or greyed out) with no continue watching links above the app icons.

Again, same both exact tv with 12.5.0 software and build 4172-88

Ben, when the icons go out either grey or blank screen the "what to watch" section is completely empty screen as well as the "live tv" section is also completely empty as well as the "featured free" section is completely empty as well as the "sports" section is completely empty. The only 2 sections with content are the "search" and "settings"

Tvs without a voice remote are basically dead and bricked or if the app icons happen to randomly pop up

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.