Independent Developer Kit

Learn how to innovate on the Roku platform with the Independent Developer Kit. Reimagine your TV with Roku app development! Join the community for help.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julienbeltzung
Reel Rookie

Unable to build samples on Ubuntu

Jump to solution

I’m trying to use the IDK and I’m getting this error when I try to make any of the samples :

~/Downloads/11.0.811-IDK/samples/gles2$ make mkdir -p build/sources /home/julien/Downloads/11.0.811-IDK/platforms/Roku4/toolchain/bin/arm-roku-linux-gnueabi-gcc -std=c99 -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mthumb -fvisibility=hidden -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wall -Wno-parentheses -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -I/home/julien/Downloads/11.0.811-IDK/platforms/Roku4/include -I/home/julien/Downloads/11.0.811-IDK/platforms/Roku4/usr/include -MMD -MP -c sources/spng.c -o build/sources/spng.c.o /home/julien/Downloads/11.0.811-IDK/platforms/Roku4/toolchain/bin/arm-roku-linux-gnueabi-gcc: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string make: *** [../common/rules.mk:79: build/sources/spng.c.o] Error 2

Does anybody have an idea on what is causing this issue on the samples provided by Roku ? Is there something I can fix on my system ? I’m on Ubuntu 22.04

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
julienbeltzung
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to build samples on Ubuntu

Jump to solution

to answer my own question, it looks like the roku gcc compiler will only work on ARM systems, so it won’t work on M1 macbooks, which is my current system. Emulating Ubuntu won’t work either. Virtualising might but it’s currently extremely slow for me, and unusable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
julienbeltzung
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to build samples on Ubuntu

Jump to solution

to answer my own question, it looks like the roku gcc compiler will only work on ARM systems, so it won’t work on M1 macbooks, which is my current system. Emulating Ubuntu won’t work either. Virtualising might but it’s currently extremely slow for me, and unusable.

0 Kudos