Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

no set up link

Hello After having issues setting up DNS ive had to factory reset a few times . The DNS is now set up correctly on router but there is no new link arriving , tried to rest many times but no luck.Grateful if anyone has any ideas or what to try next , or what the issue could be , thanks !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: no set up link

When you're factory setting is the Roku powered? And are you pressing the key, jor abbing something into the pinhole for at 50 seconds to reset?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Tivburkee

I tried the resore to default factory setting with the remote control then for 50 seconds , both powered up and not connected.

Error message says 'unable to connect to Roku service'

Network settings are OK, everything else on same router is fine.

Tried unlinking device that i set up yesterday , but nothing working so far

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

*THEN 50 SECONDS WITH PIN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just came across this post from someone , maybe same issue ?

Re: Activation code not displaying

My ISP changed my static IP to a DHCP assigned IP...  problem went away...   I had DAYS and DAYS of diagnosis and everyone not understanding what I was trying to communicate to them.  I did ALL the diagnosis steps all parties made me do, including me finding the "secret screen" hack.  All connectivity tests there worked  I used "ping" and speed tests and green checks from third party apps (Netflix and ROKU)  all showed good or better and connectivity existed.

Still no authorization code...  Local ISP and I hashed it out.... a "last ditch" attempt to "try something" ended up changing my static IP to a DHCP assigned IP....    Problem now gone....    

Just add this to your diagnostic trail to help customers in the future...   It might be worth a try....  

0 Kudos