Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Watching two different shows on two separate devices on the same account

Jump to solution

Watching two different shows on two separate devices/TVs on the same account. I have an Ultra and getting a Streaming Stick+ for another TV. Can we watch different shows on the separate devices/TVs at the same time using the same account, or do I need to log in to two separate accounts?Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

Re: Watching two different shows on two separate devices on the same account

Jump to solution

Yes you can.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@hdflhtcu wrote:

Watching two different shows on two separate devices/TVs on the same account. I have an Ultra and getting a Streaming Stick+ for another TV. Can we watch different shows on the separate devices/TVs at the same time using the same account, or do I need to log in to two separate accounts?Thanks

That is dependent on what you're watching. Netflix allows multiple streams with their higher tier accounts, but I believe only a single stream with their base account. Other providers might only allow one stream per subscription. But if you're thinking of sites that don't require a user account, and most likely the majority of other providers, two simultaneous streams should not be a problem. Usually you have to get beyond 3-4 streams at once before you might encounter a problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

4 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

Yes you can.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@hdflhtcu wrote:

That is dependent on what you're watching. Netflix allows multiple streams with their higher tier accounts, but I believe only a single stream with their base account. Other providers might only allow one stream per subscription. But if you're thinking of sites that don't require a user account, and most likely the majority of other providers, two simultaneous streams should not be a problem. Usually you have to get beyond 3-4 streams at once before you might encounter a problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos