Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Watching two different shows on two separate devices on the same account

Jump to solution

Watching two different shows on two separate devices/TVs on the same account. I have an Ultra and getting a Streaming Stick+ for another TV. Can we watch different shows on the separate devices/TVs at the same time using the same account, or do I need to log in to two separate accounts?Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Watching two different shows on two separate devices on the same account

Jump to solution

Yes you can.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@hdflhtcu wrote:

Watching two different shows on two separate devices/TVs on the same account. I have an Ultra and getting a Streaming Stick+ for another TV. Can we watch different shows on the separate devices/TVs at the same time using the same account, or do I need to log in to two separate accounts?Thanks

That is dependent on what you're watching. Netflix allows multiple streams with their higher tier accounts, but I believe only a single stream with their base account. Other providers might only allow one stream per subscription. But if you're thinking of sites that don't require a user account, and most likely the majority of other providers, two simultaneous streams should not be a problem. Usually you have to get beyond 3-4 streams at once before you might encounter a problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Yes you can.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@hdflhtcu wrote:

That is dependent on what you're watching. Netflix allows multiple streams with their higher tier accounts, but I believe only a single stream with their base account. Other providers might only allow one stream per subscription. But if you're thinking of sites that don't require a user account, and most likely the majority of other providers, two simultaneous streams should not be a problem. Usually you have to get beyond 3-4 streams at once before you might encounter a problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos