Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sony TV does not detect ROKU streaming stick is in HDMI when turned on

I'm having the same issue. Was working last night, this morning my Sony Bravia will not detect ROKU stick, I tested it in another TV (Samsung) and it works as intended? Anyone else having this problem still?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have to turn on the TV, then unplug the Roku stick, plug it back in, then the Sony will see it. My stick is powered by the wall, not the TV so it never shuts off...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cyrusjcooper @VIJAI @tmckibbon @JGinMA 

Thanks for the information.

If you are currently experiencing the "no signal" issue, please feel free to send me a private message with the following information:

-Roku Model
-Roku serial number/device ID (found on the Roku device)
-TV brand and model
-are you using an AVR? If so, what brand and model?
-summary of the issue you are experiencing and what troubleshooting you have done, and when did you start to experience this issue?

Once I have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has this issue been resolved yet.  If so, please post the remedy.  I need to buy Roku for my Sony Bravia XBR-49X900E to access Zoom Meetings.  I’m reluctant based on all these postings regarding the tv doesn’t detect the Roku stick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello TMC, has your issue been resolved yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the exact same problem. I used to have control over sound bar and tv power. Now only sound bar. Roku must have done something in an update. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here. I've even tried 3 different Roku stix. Nothing. I plugged into Google Chromecast into same HDMI port, and it fired right up. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is not an appropriate response to a public message!  It needs public answers. Dozens of us experience this you don't help by making us submit serial numbers privately!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue with my Sony Bravia TV and Roku Streaming + stick. I have the exact same model Roku stick plugged into my Sony Bravia and my LG TV, and the Roku Streaming + plugged into the LG is rock solid (and the Roku in my LG is older). The one plugged into the Sony Bravia keeps losing signal or doesn't function at all.

I've tried it with both external power, and powered by the TV's USB port, as well as plugging it into all available HDMI slots, and nothing works. When I have gotten it to work at all, it functions for a short period of time (I've even reformatted it twice), and it always fails to function after a short period of time. This is also the second Roku stick I've tried in my Sony Bravia.

I even tried the work-around for it not to auto-detect the input (in settings), but even that has not worked.

I've seen several others here with the same issue, but no solution has been posted yet.

If there's a solution, could you please post it publicly so we can see it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just bought my new Sony and got my third roku stick for our house.  Won’t connect just like the rest of you.  Super frustrating.  Help

0 Kudos