Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Serial number to IP address for manual setup without a customer support team, now what?

Jump to solution

Need to manually setup my streaming stick model 3500 because my Roku remote doesn’t have the reset button in battery compartment. I cannot get past the pair a remote screen. Downloaded the mobile app to use my phone as a remote. It’s asking for IP address and only have my serial number and customer support is closed permanently due to the situation. What now?! There is seriously no other support for your customers, Roku? #streamingstick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Serial number to IP address for manual setup without a customer support team, now what?

Jump to solution

Sorry to tell you, but not only is it impossible to use an app to set up a Roku (you must have a physical remote), but there's no longer a remote available for the 3500 (unless you want to try your luck on ebay).  You're much better off tossing that stick and getting a new Roku.  Any of the current models will perform better than a 3500.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Serial number to IP address for manual setup without a customer support team, now what?

Jump to solution

Sorry to tell you, but not only is it impossible to use an app to set up a Roku (you must have a physical remote), but there's no longer a remote available for the 3500 (unless you want to try your luck on ebay).  You're much better off tossing that stick and getting a new Roku.  Any of the current models will perform better than a 3500.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kc3 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos