Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Samsung soundbar

I am getting ready to put Roku on my TV I have a Samsung sound bar on it .Will it work with the Roku

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Samsung soundbar

The Roku doesn't care at all what it sends the sound to. If the TV supports it, then it should pass through to the soundbar without an issue. The only uncertainly might be if your TV supports Dolby Digital Plus audio, since that what so many online streaming providers use now. If the TV doesn't support DD+, most likely you'll only get stereo sound from the soundbar, no surround (assuming the soundbar has that).

If your soundbar has HDMI inputs that allows you to connect the Roku directly to it, then odds are it will support DD+ as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos