Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku will not display on LG tv

Trying to connect a Roku Express to a LG tv model 47LH30-UA. When powered on, the bouncing Roku displays on the screen, then the screen goes blank and I get an no signal message. The Roku works on all my other tvs. The LG tv also works with other devices. I have tried different HDMI ports. I had LG support on the line and they couldn't find out the problem. The Roku and TV are both set at 1080. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would by another streaming device if I knew it would work on this tv.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku express will not load

We just got a Roku Express and are not able to set it up. we have an account set up online, we followed the steps for how to plug everything in correctly and make sure the tv is set to the correct settings. But, after the Roku logo pops up on our tv, the screen goes blank and we cannot follow through with setting up the device. There are no error messages or connection messages that appear onscreen. It simply goes blank after the logo comes on screen. Neither the TV nor the Roku turns off at this point as we can toggle between tv settings and the blue light on the Roku stays on, but there is no setup screen that shows after the Roku logo goes away. We have tried resetting the Roku to no avail, and we have no way to activate it as we cannot even get to the Roku setup screen on the TV. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku will not display on LG tv

@Icelander35 @J-and-J 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos