Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

Roku not showing up on my source list on my TV and therefore is not recognized. However, if I power off the TV, then Roku will boot up and show up on my source list.  How do I correct so Roku is always recognized on my TV and available to view? I have Samsung TV.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

And your model of Roku? Is it powered by the tv usb, or plugged into the wall?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

Roku Express.   Powered by plugging into wall.  When I power off,  both the TV and Roku device are powered off.   They both go on when I turn power on;  this action  will boot up the Roku on TV.    I have to do this action whenever I want to watch Roku.   Thanks.  

0 Kudos