Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megdog
Level 7

Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

Roku not showing up on my source list on my TV and therefore is not recognized. However, if I power off the TV, then Roku will boot up and show up on my source list.  How do I correct so Roku is always recognized on my TV and available to view? I have Samsung TV.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

And your model of Roku? Is it powered by the tv usb, or plugged into the wall?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Megdog
Level 7

Re: Roku not showing up on my TV on the source list. If I power off my TV, then it shows up.

Roku Express.   Powered by plugging into wall.  When I power off,  both the TV and Roku device are powered off.   They both go on when I turn power on;  this action  will boot up the Roku on TV.    I have to do this action whenever I want to watch Roku.   Thanks.  

0 Kudos