Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Baddeer
Level 7

Roku is is the 2 HDMI Sony projector, swap input video no sound

Have a newer system and still trying to figure it out, I want to be able to stream Roku accounts, 2 HDMI ports on Sony projector, Roku is in 1. I get sound from the original port for DVD and cable when I swap inputs still get sound from Cable if it is on. Good video on Roku need help in getting the sound to my surround sound,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku is is the 2 HDMI Sony projector, swap input video no sound

If you've invested in a projector, I would expect you to have an AVR as well. Don't connect the Roku directly to the projector, but instead plug it into the AVR. On my two main TVs, everything runs through my AVRs, and only the AVR connects directly to the TVs. 

Depending on the source you are streaming, the audio is most likely Dolby Digital+. Your projector might not be able to handle DD+ and therefore pass no sound at all. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos