Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra on Sharp TV

Sharp TV and Roku Ultra.

It has worked when initially installed and since. Trying to get it now and  unable to change input on TV for my ROKU to show on screen.

what do I do? 
everything is set up for Roku, tv gets everything, just needed to change the input.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Ultra on Sharp TV

Sorry but there is no way to switch inputs on a non-roku tv from a roku remote. You have tv power, volume and on newer remotes mute nothing else. You need to use the tv remote. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you, but you miss-understand.

I realize that I can’t change input on the Roku remote. I need to change it on the Sharp TV.

It’s currently on Direct TV, HDMI1.

I had to change it to HDMI4 previously to get access to ROKU.

I forgot what I did before to make it work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If you an older White Directv remote, to program the tv input key on the directv remote:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 6 0

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you, but it is not an older direct tv remote. It is the smaller white on. I still tried, but no where to select tv, when I hit mute & select, nothing happened except that I muted it.

I have a universal remote that has my satellite, blue ray dvd & vcr choices.

when on satellite, it will show the input on the right upper corner of the screen, and that is where I used to be able to change the input to pick up my Roku.

0 Kudos