Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jones
Level 7

Roku Express stuck on boot screen

We just bought an express and it is stuck on the boot screen. We have done the 30 second reset button hold. What do I do next?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Express issue

Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter.  If you're already doing that, take it back.

0 Kudos
Jones
Level 7

I used the provided cables and it doesn’t go past the boot screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jones 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ellycuadras
Level 7

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ellycuadras 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it connected to a wall outlet? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if you are able to get past the logo screen?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos