Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express someone else's name/email address

Jump to solution

I've tried unsuccessfully to hook up Roku Express I bought a year ago from Blinq.com. My Roku 2 XS not longer supported for updates.

Noticed after going into system it has someone else's email (in Spain). How can I change her email to reflect I am the one NOW using the Roku Express? Roku.com has my current account, I deleted old Roku 2 XS.

What should I do now to enter correct email address on System? And step to be able to use Roku Express? 

CenturyLink modem is the same.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Express someone else's name/email address

Jump to solution

@nance  Thanks for the note. Follow the steps listed here to Factory reset your player: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

This will remove it from any Roku account, and allow you to link it your own Roku user account. 

For more help with your modem, you'll need to contact Centurylink or your ISP directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Do a factory reset to return the modem to a new-in-the-box state then set up again.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for response. Tried that, doing default factory reset. Still didn't work. 

Can't have all the bells and whistles with Century Link modem, up to 20 and fixed income (SSDI).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

When doing a factory reset the roku has to be  powered on, doing it without power is useless. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@nance  Thanks for the note. Follow the steps listed here to Factory reset your player: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

This will remove it from any Roku account, and allow you to link it your own Roku user account. 

For more help with your modem, you'll need to contact Centurylink or your ISP directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos