Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjshan974
Level 7

Roku Express - Hard Reset does nothing

Brand new Roku Express worked fine for a couple of months, then one day it wouldn't get past the bouncing Roku logo screen. Have tried numerous times and methods of hard factory reset, but it will never gets past the bouncing logo. Did it die or is there something else I can do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Express - Hard Reset does nothing

Are you using the supplied power adapter?  Do you have another one you can try from a phone or tablet?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cjshan974 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please makes sure to hold down the rest button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cjshan974
Level 7

I tried using another power adapter but the problem persists, even after trying another factory reset.

0 Kudos