Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Auto Resetting

I have had my Ultra Roku for a few years now, this am I turn my Tv on to use my Roku and it was like the Roku had reset itself. I directed me to set up my wireless connection, which I did, then some auto detect, which I did then it comes to a screen directing me to Ruku.com/link where it directs you to enter the code from your screen. I enter the code, click submit, it pops up a screen saying Congratulations your almost done then direct you to call a number. Is this a scam? Why did it reset and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Auto Resetting

I don't know why your Roku reset itself, but I've seen other reports of it happening.  If you see a phone number on a "Roku" website, it is almost certainly a scam!!!  Run far, run fast!  You did not go to the genuine Roku website (you accepted a search result).  If you "logged in" on the scammers website immediately go to https://my.roku.com and change your password.  Use that same website to relink your device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Auto Resetting

@Lynneng 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device and linking it back to your Roku account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset and link a Roku device to your Roku account, visit our Support pages here:
How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos