Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Retrieve app link code for my samsung smart tv

I set up the roku app on my #samsung smart tv before setting up a roku account. Now I can't link my tv to my roku account without a link code. I believe I used the link code when I set up the app on my tv. How can I retrieve the code?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Retrieve app link code for my samsung smart tv

@Alec59 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more clarification regarding your issue?

Please be aware that The Roku Channel app on your Samsung TV shouldn't need a link code to set up as a link code is only needed to activate a device.

Are you trying to link another device to your already existing Roku account?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem, I want to order a channel but it won't allow me unless I supply a link code. But I don't have one with the samsung smart tv app. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

OK, we are all referring to the Roku Channel app that can be installed on a Samsung Smart TV. This differs from activating a Roku device. I've never bothered with this particular app, so I can't say where or how to find the settings menu, or if there is even one. 

Here is the information that Roku offers on their support site for using it on a Samsung TV.

Getting The Roku Channel on your Samsung TV

The Roku Channel can be added to Samsung TVs running Tizen operating system version 2.3, 2.4, 3.0, or 4.0. To install the channel, connect your TV to the internet and access the Samsung Smart Hub interface.

Note: The steps below may vary for some Samsung models. For more help, refer to the Samsung website or contact a Samsung product expert.

1. Press the Smart Hub button or Home button on your Samsung remote.
  2. Navigate down the page to Apps.
  3. Search for "Roku" and wait for The Roku Channel to appear.
  4. Select the app and choose Download.

When you launch The Roku Channel for the first time on your Samsung TV, you can begin watching free movies and TV shows immediately. When you sign in or create a free Roku account, programs you start watching on your Samsung TV can be resumed on other devices signed in to the same Roku account, like a Roku streaming device or smartphone, tablet, or computer.

If you ever need to remove The Roku Channel from your Samsung TV, open the Smart Hub interface, find The Roku Channel in Settings, and select Delete.

Notice that it says you can watch without signing into your Roku account. That tells me there must be a settings menu somewhere within the app to add your Roku credentials. You might need to delete the app from the TV, reboot, then install the app again to get the first time login.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos