Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Problem setting display to 4k

I recently bought a Roku Premiere but am having trouble setting it up with 4K resolution. My Samsung tv says that all 4 ports it has are HDMI 2.0, and support HDCP 2.2. However, when I try to set it up at 4K 60hz or 4K 30hz it tells me that HDCP 2.2 is not supported. I am using the HDMI that was included with the Roku, and have contacted Samsung support to make sure my HDMI ports are capable of supporting HDCP 2.2 

Not sure what else to do so any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Problem setting display to 4k

On Samsung 4K TVs you must enable UHD Color on each HDMI input you want to connect a 4K/60 device. I forget exactly where the setting is in the Samsung menu, but look around and you'll find it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply!
So I did manage to find where I can enable UHD for my HDMI ports, but I’m still having the same problem. When I try to set up with 4K I get a check mark for the “4K at 60fps” but an x for HDCP 2.2.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Forbesyyy wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
So I did manage to find where I can enable UHD for my HDMI ports, but I’m still having the same problem. When I try to set up with 4K I get a check mark for the “4K at 60fps” but an x for HDCP 2.2.  Any other ideas?

I'd next try a different HDMI cable. Always possible you received a defective one. Make sure it's certified for 18 Gbps speed. Ignore any labels that claim to be HDMI 2.0, as there's no such thing. HDMI is HDMI, it's only their speed rating that has any validity. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried swapping it with my ps4 pro HDMI cable and I still get the same result. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

I'm at a loss then. I have three different 4K Roku players (2 Ultras and a Premiere) and have never encountered an HDCP error. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD can assist. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for trying!

0 Kudos