Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Picture after Roku Express Update

I am having the same problem everyone else is having. I purchased two Roku Expresses for two TVs. I installed both of them correctly, connected them to the wifi, and then it said it needed to install the update. Once I updated it, the screen went blank and it didn't come back.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No Picture after Roku Express Update

This is so frustrating that I am ready to send both of them back for a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@revmancil 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and try setting it back up again to see if that resolves your issue. 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did the factory reset by pressing the button in the little hole. The front screen blinked several times and then the introduction animation came on. Then the screen went blank. It did not even go thru the setup process again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@revmancil 

Thanks for the update.

When the screen is blank, is there a light on the Roku device? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapator?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have decided to return these two items. It is a shame that Roku would put this together without properly testing the update to make sure their product works. And then not give any support for the product.

0 Kudos