Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input port not recognized

Just bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus (Model 3810R) and plugged into HDMI port 5 on my Sharp LC-60E79U tv. The menu does not recognize a device in that port. I've unplugged and replugged, and notice that the Stick is blinking two white dots quickly every second or so. Any suggestions on getting the tv to recognize the stick?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Input port not recognized

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Have you tried plugging the device in another HDMI port? Have you tried plugging the device in another TV to see if it is detected? How are you powering the device, through the adapter provided or through a USB port? 

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I can not reach the other ports without removing the tv or extending the hdmi cable (I asked ROKU for one, no word if it is forthcoming). Have NOT tried another tv. Powered by adapter. 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the information. 

We would recommend trying the device on another TV to see if it works, and then trying another HDMI port on the TV that you are trying to attach the device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Another tv, same problem. "No signal" on the tv when I select that HDMI input.

0 Kudos

I spoke too quickly--had the wrong port. Goes to "Let's Get Started" - so, can I set this device up on that tv and then MOVE it to the other? 

0 Kudos

ugh--

Remote does not work--can not select language!

0 Kudos

FIxed by re-pairing. But the question remains--after I set up the Roku on this tv, can I move it back to the other and hope it works? Roku is also installing an update, so maybe that might help?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the updates.

If the device is working on another TV, then it is the HDMI port of the originally TV that the issue is with, not with the device. As recommended previously, you should try plugging the device is another HDMI port on the TV as the one that you previously used doesn't seem to be working properly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

How are you powering the stick, from a wall outlet or via tv usb port?

0 Kudos