Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channels show on roku web as installed, but not on device home screen

Jump to solution

I think the was a power surge the other day, and when I turned on my roku device it was as if a factory reset was done. After linking back to my account, all my channels are gone. But they show as being installed on the webpage. If I try to add the channel back, a pop-up states there isn't enough room. Thoughts, suggestions? I did have a previous device completely fail before, and had to purchase a new one. Hoping it's not the same situation now. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels show on roku web as installed, but not on device home screen

Jump to solution

@Barnzy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend try performing a factory reset on your device. Performing a factory reset on your device will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. You will need to activate and link your device back to your Roku account. 

For steps to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Barnzy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend try performing a factory reset on your device. Performing a factory reset on your device will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. You will need to activate and link your device back to your Roku account. 

For steps to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
  1. Thanks! That did work. I had tried before posting, but must not have completed it the first time. Hard part was remembering all my passwords to log back into my channels/apps.
0 Kudos