Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Activation link

I’m trying to set up a new Roku device and I’ve gotten an email from Roku with an activation link.  When I click on the link I’m redirected to a site that says the system is down for maintenance.  This is day two of trying to complete setup.  Anyone know what’s going on?  

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation link

Same issue as Adam with system down for maintenance.  I have been trying for almost 24 hours to complete set-up and I continue to get this message every time I try to complete the activation.  How long is the system going to be down?  This seems utterly ridiculous to be down this long on a weekend and you can't even TALK to a person.  Might be time for a return and purchase a Firestick.

Highlighted

Having the same problem.  This is why you don't deploy on Fridays!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same message; frustrated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I FINALLY got mine working literally right after I posted this question. ROKU, this has made me question your system.  Not it being down for maintenance, that happens; but not being able to talk to someone, or even email the company!!!!  At least give us an email when we have issues.  If there is one, I couldn’t find it. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Can’t activate new device. When I select the link it says down for maintenance. This has happened for past 24 hours. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

What is the address of the link you're attempting to go to?  The correct link is https://roku.com/link, which will properly redirect you to https://my.roku.com/link.

I just tried the link and it is working as intended.  If you are trying to go to the correct link and are still getting the "maintenance" notice, try clearing your browser's cache and make another attempt.

IMPORTANT! When linking your device you are directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site where they may request you to pay bogus charges and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please check to see if you can activate your devices again and let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue that you have reported earlier.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Site maintenance

I tried the link and it said site is currently down for maintenance. Is there any other way to get the activation link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Site maintenance

@Erinksmith 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the hyperlink that you are clicking on in the activation email? Once I have that information I will be able pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos