Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

2 Roku devices on 1 TV

Jump to solution

Roku IUs are a little clumsy so I want to set up two Roku devices on one TV using separate HDMI inputs. NBA on one, MLB on the other input using a Harmony 700 remote. How do I keep the two Roku's actions separate on the Harmony remote? Doable with both Roku's on IR or does one need to be IR and the other WiFi? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 2 Roku devices on 1 TV

Jump to solution

Thanks. My desire is to watch the 76ers game on the NBA app at the same time the Flyers game is on the NHL app and flip back and forth instantaneously. The Roku UI is too clunky to do that without too many steps and loading time. Best I've figured is to have one Roku IR, the other WiFi. Unfortunately without one of the expensive Harmonys, I'll have to use separate remotes. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Sorry not doable via IR, if the roku's take wifi remotes you could control them separately, but not with Harmony remote only roku wifi remotes. 

To use IR you would need an addressable remote and base station, or go Harmony Elite remote, control it by IP instead IR or Wifi. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
You do know you can reorganize the display order of your installed channels don't you? (Highlight channel on Roku home screen, press * key and select "Move channel", use arrow keys to place channel where you want, press OK to lock in.) If NBA and MLB are your two favorite channels, put them in the first two spots on the Roku home screen to make them easy to find and select.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. My desire is to watch the 76ers game on the NBA app at the same time the Flyers game is on the NHL app and flip back and forth instantaneously. The Roku UI is too clunky to do that without too many steps and loading time. Best I've figured is to have one Roku IR, the other WiFi. Unfortunately without one of the expensive Harmonys, I'll have to use separate remotes. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos