Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamo0625

What is an Air Play code?

Hi guys I’ve never had this before when I’m trying to watch F1 tv a streaming service and it gives giving an error on my Roku tv so I’m playing it from my app and want to air play it from my phone however now it’s asking me for an “Air Play code” enter the on screen code for the 55 inch RCA roku tv? Has anyone ever had this? and where would I find the code? Thanks John

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What is an Air Play code?

@jamo0625 

If I'm following you, that's a notice that displays when an attempt is made to use AirPlay 2 with a Roku device. Somone's iPhone or iPad (or even Mac) is trying to connect, initiated by a device user command.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Follow these instructions as laid out:

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
Dratowsky

32” Hisense Roku  TV. How do I find air drop code?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Dratowsky,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. If the airplay code does not appear on your Roku tv, too, you need to check that your tv is running the latest OS. Depending on which model the tv is. You have to take some such steps to check the update of any software. Go to ‘Settings’> ‘System’> ‘System Update’> and check for any updates.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos