Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CATMANDO26

Ultra constantly signals the remote

I am losing my mind!  My Roku Ultra is almost constantly signaling the remote!  I haven't asked it to, but it does!  I've reset the roku and the remote many times.  I've checked for updates, I've made sure there are no buttons stuck... 

When the Roku signals the remote, the sound is extremely annoying.  I keep changing it hoping a new sound won't be as annoying, but, it is!!  And to use the remote while the Roku is signaling it is a huge hassle too!  You have to double click and go back and forth because the system isn't recognizing the remote that is in your hand and accessing the system with is the remote it is signaling.  It constantly jumps options, so you end up clicking on things you don't want.  

I'm about to throw both the remote and the Roku at the wall!  Please help!!

5 REPLIES 5
brightond

Re: Ultra constantly signals the remote

Having the exact same issue on a Roku Ultra. Please help!

0 Kudos
RkkMe
Streaming Star

Perhaps a stuck(ish) button on the box to ping the remote?

*EDIT - sorry, you checked for stuck button already

0 Kudos
Ultra4K55

I have the same problem by any chance have you determined a solution?

0 Kudos
Tchalla7

I have the same issue. It's been two years after the original post. Why hasn't Roku replied to this post? Why won't they address the issue?

0 Kudos
Wrgkmc
Reel Rookie

The remote continues broadcasting a stealf signal for 1 to two minutes after pressing a button. The signal is not a stuck button. The remote signal can be heard when placed close to an audio amplifier. The keys make a blip sound. The stealf signal is a digital handshake similar to what a modem does. I suspect it’s the remote trying to connect the microphone.  To the main unit or actual info from the mic is being captured by the main unit. I plan to cut the connection to that mic. You can’t trust any of these Chinese manufactures to honor the settings on the main unit.  

0 Kudos