Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specs on Roku Premium Cable - is it HDCP 2.2?

What are the specs on Roku's "Premium HDMI cable"?  Sure, the Roku site says their Premium cable will work on x,y,z Roku models. But it doesn't say if the cable is HDCP 2.2  - that is what I want. I can't find anywhere if the Roku Premium cable is indeed HDCP 2.2.

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Specs on Roku Premium Cable - is it HDCP 2.2?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but HDCP has nothing to do with which cable you use.  The various HDMI versions do and you need a version that supports HDCP 2.2 (HDMI 2.0 or higher?), but you won't necessarily see HDCP specified for a cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Specs on Roku Premium Cable - is it HDCP 2.2?

Thanks renojim. There's many versions of HDMI cables and I need a version that supports HDCP 2.2.  I just ordered a Roku Ultra from BH Video and added an HMDI cable where the specs specifically say it supports  HDCP 2.2. It's probable that the Ultra Premium Cable that comes with the unit supports 2.2, but Roku doesn't say so (that I could find). 

I buy what I need, I don't buy via guessing and hoping.   Got my new LG TV having the necessary specs and currently shopping for a soundbar (Definitive Technology brand so far). Everything in the AV chain (aka HDMI cable) needs to have the same capability for the quality I'm interested Thx again!

0 Kudos