Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenners

Re: Software Update Issue | Error Code 008

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jenners,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this, and we'd like to take a closer look into it.

To see more of what's going on here. Could you tell us when you started seeing the same thing occur? What are the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far?

Once we have a clearer grasp of the situation, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LionelAmon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

i just bought the tv today. And it said need an update software but i got the same problem error 008. I tried already everything by wireless network , wifi and hotspot but not working and even i tried the manual one by usb ( i have to buy this thing just for this ). Put all the number from tv to my computer but it said “ Ooppss , it didnt work “

I dont what going on this new tv

please i need help 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LionelAmon ,

Thank you for sharing this experience here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to offer a possible fix for this one. Since you have stated the following resolution you took to resolve this, the last resort we would take is to perform a hard reset on your device by locating the reset button at the back of the TV. It could also be a reset pinhole, so try to look for any pins to insert. Click and hold it for a good 5 seconds, and kindly wait until the TV restarts once again.

Ultimately, error code 008 has something to do with a temporary firmware server issue on the TV; thus, asking for direct help from the manufacturer would most likely sort out this concern. We would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Kindly keep us in the loop.

Sincerest gratitude,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LionelAmon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuJanadeeK 

i tried so many about the small buttom reset. And the result still the same.

Even try to call the support about this and they cant even help. 
Anything else i can do ? I just dont want to refund it and get the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LionelAmon,

Thanks for providing us with updates!

Would you mind telling us if you've purchased a Roku TV? If so, what brand is it? 

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LionelAmon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi 

I bought onn. Roku Tv

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LionelAmon,

Thanks for keeping us posted and sharing with us the necessary information about this.

It seems like you put in amazing troubleshooting efforts on it. This is most probably a software issue going on. We would suggest contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.
You can contact them here: ONN Contactus or at 1-844-344-2355.

Please get back to us if they're able to resolve the issue, and we'll take it from there.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LionelAmon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuERey 

i have called them yesterday and they cant help to fix this issue.

and i will return it to walmart because that is the only way that can fix this problem.

thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi.. i had this issue back in jan. and only a few weeks ago i figured it out on my own...okay..so press and hold reset button but hold it longer than 5 seconds..so like 30 seconds at least. and then it should put your tv in recovery mode and then it will do its thing and ask if you want to connect and how and all that jazz. And then it should work moving forward on both wired and wireless..i highly recommend doing this wired first and once down you can switch back to wifi if need. hope this helps 

Cheers

0 Kudos