Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamfedup

Roku took my property and will not return until I agree to certain conditions...Sound familiar????

Roku came onto my property and took my TV hostage until I agree to certain terms, sound familiar????

I am having the same problem as everyone else with this situation. I only bought this TV to watch, nothing else and now I can't use the TV that I paid for or my Xfinity services, which I am also paying for, because this company is forcing me to sign this agreement under duress. I don't know what is going on that suddenly they are forcing everyone to agree not to participate in a suit, but this is not the way to do it. Now I am paying for cable services that I use because of Roku and the expensive television that I bought is now garbage because of Roku. Are they going to reimburse me for my Xfinity costs? For a company that is trying to avoid liabilities, they are BEGGING, and I mean REALLY, REALLY BEGGING for massive actions. Under normal circumstances this is would normally be unthinkable, but with the resemblance of this situation to what happened in Israel, this is inexcusable, reprehensible and unforgivable. I would never be forced to agree to anything under these conditions. So now I am paying for cable, I paid for a TV which is now useless garbage and suddenly I have to go out and buy another TV and definitely not Roku (never again). This must be illegal and every regulating federal agency should be notified by everyone involved. I am sure that I am not the only person that is losing money in one form or another, but now that Roku is unjustifiably costing me so much money. I never thought, or even considered any action with Roku but now I believe that I am justified to seek assistance and restitution. How ironic, they are attempting to avoid liability and now they are causing action against them. This is a disgusting and unprofessional act for any company.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Roku took my property and will not return until I agree to certain conditions...Sound familiar??

I have seven Roku streaming devices. I was a huge supporter and advocate for the product. Until now. This forced arbitration BS just made me a former customer. I am now in the process of gradually replacing every Roku with something else. It'll take some time, but I will never buy another Roku after this underhanded move.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.