Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku falsely flagging photos as inappropriate that are not inappropriate

I am trying to upload photos to my stream taken of me that are not in any way violations of the terms set forth. One of the images was taken of me at a Civil War Reenactment in 2008 at a public event. The image is on me with a musket held at the ready. The other image is taken when I was dressed in frontier garb wearing a tricorn firing a musket.

These images do not violate the terms set forth here:

https://support.roku.com/article/4638175490711

This is a major issue for me as I do not appreciate being censored for what are G-rated photographs for what appears to be an AI deciding on whether or not certain images are appropriate. These images are being shown in my home or in my office and are owned by myself, so copywrite is not an issue. Roku needs to have a means to challenge these arbitrary and capricious decisions.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
UnhappyJM

Re: Roku falsely flagging photos as inappropriate that are not inappropriate

I have the same issue. Only mine is a picture of my grandson at a legally operated skeet shooting range. This will cause me to cancel my Roku account if they don’t fix their over sensitive AI !

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.