Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMX3

Roku display default to dolby vision during startup

Hi,

i have a Roku Ultra and I have been setting the display type to 4k HDR as dolby vision seems to be a little dark for me. However, everytime I start the device, it always defaults back to 4k dolby vision.

HDR always is set to off.  When I watch the HDR titles, i will have to always change the display type so that it goes to HDR.  Otherwise it will go to Dolby Vision

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
larrysb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku display default to dolby vision during startup

Me too, with a new Ultra 2022. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Probably something to do with your television settings.  You should probably decrease the brightness of your television sets and see if that helps.  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
larrysb
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but it did not help. I agree, probably a TV setting, but there are a wealth of choices for that. Know of any way to block DV?

0 Kudos
larrysb
Reel Rookie

Okay, I did a broader search in the community forum and found a similar complaint cured by a secret set of keystrokes that disabled "auto recovery". So far, that has solved the problem! I have no idea what auto recovery is or what the consequences are of disabling it, but I like what I have right now.

Larry

0 Kudos