Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DandG-B
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick 4k casting to an Apple AirPort Express Model No: A1392

Jump to solution

Can a Roku Streaming Stick 4k Model: 3820X2 cast audio to an Apple airport express 2 Gen Model No: A1392? If yes, how do I set it up/ get it to work? They are currently both on the same network. Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4k casting to an Apple AirPort Express Model No: A1392

Jump to solution

If in general you can get audio from your phone to it, you should be able to use the "private listening" feature of the mobile app on your phone to accomplish it.  It's worth a try, but I don't know if it really accomplishes what you'd like.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

It can only cast audio to a Roku remote with a headphone jack or the Roku mobile app.

Isn't the Airport Express a router?  I'm not sure what you're trying to do by casting audio to a router.

DandG-B
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply. I use my Airport Express as a receiver for my mobile devices, which then transmits (through the audio output jack on the back of the unit ) audio signal to my amplifier and onto the speakers. I can stream Spotify, for example, from my iPhone or iPad onto my stereo system. What I was hoping to accomplish was stream Spotify through my Roku Speedstick into my stereo.

At the end of all of this, I would have sound emanating from my stereo speakers, the TV speakers, and the 3+ one sound bar (also hardwired to TV), while having the Spotify interface displayed on my TV screen.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If in general you can get audio from your phone to it, you should be able to use the "private listening" feature of the mobile app on your phone to accomplish it.  It's worth a try, but I don't know if it really accomplishes what you'd like.

DandG-B
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

BINGO! Great suggestion! I am now bathing in sound. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.