Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustUnothrrDood
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 - Can I log into the device lock down who can access it?

I want to know if there's a way to access my specific device's settings where I can block everyone but just my own devices.  How do I do this?  Thanks! #Roku3

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 3 - Can I log into the device lock down who can access it?

@JustUnothrrDood

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify your inquiry? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustUnothrrDood
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I live in an apartment complex; so, there are tenants close enough to my unit that can pick up the Roku's signal. I want to be able to log into my Roku device to see if anyone is connected to my Roku.  Also, I want to know if there's a setting where I can automatically block everyone else but my TV and phone.  Is there a way for me to do either (log into my Roku & automatically block others)?

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

People just can’t log into your Roku. There is no security settings. You can however disable mirroring. Your Roku doesn’t give off a signal. If someone is watching something like YouTube and wants to cast it to their TV they may see your Roku as a casting device and mistakenly try yo connect to your and not theirs. But they can’t just take control of your Roku. Have you been having issues? I live in an apartment and no issues with my Roku devices has every happened. 

0 Kudos
JustUnothrrDood
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I'm not having any problems.  I just realized that I hadn't looked at how secure my Roku unit and wanted to see if there are ways I can make it safer.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

There isn’t any sort of security needed on a Roku. There is an anything personal stored on your Roku. No one can hack your Roku. So nothing to worry about. Sit back and enjoy streaming. Have you had the Roku 3 a long times Roku 3 is a very old device 

0 Kudos
JustUnothrrDood
Reel Rookie

My concern isn't about personal info on my Roku. It's about whether someone can access my Roku to then access my router which could give them access to my other devices on my network. I realize this sounds a bit out there but I know hackers can be pretty sneaky.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Hackers aren’t interested in accessing a Roku and accessing your router. But as of right now there’s never been a case where anybody has done this. Unless you work for the government I really wouldn’t be worried about it. Hackers don’t go after ordinary people like you and I. There isn’t anything they want

0 Kudos